It appears that blogging has become one of the most popular content sharing platforms, thanks to the rise of social media and influencer culture. Today, it seems like almost everyone has a blog, and it is no longer limited to niche hobbies. Starting a blog is a great idea, but how do you get started? There’s so much information out there on the internet, and everyone’s telling you to do different things. What sources do you listen to? Where do you begin? We know starting a blog can be intimidating, which is why we’ve created this step-by-step blog tutorial.
Why should you start a blog?
- Blogging has grown fast as a means of communicating and sharing information and news.
- Having a blog helps you stay knowledgeable in your field because you need to research new content.
- You can express yourself through blogging much like a personal diary.
- Blogging is a great way to help people by creating amazing content that can inspire, motivate and educate.
- Building a successful blog can give you flexibility and freedom that allows you to earn money while having the independence to do what you want, when you want.
Steps to starting a simple blog
Step 1: Choose a topic for your blog
- Choose a topic that you’re passionate about.
- Choose a topic you’re familiar with.
- Focus on the type of audience you want to attract.
Step 2: Choose a blogging platform and a domain name
Choosing where to create your blog is one of the first things you have to do. We suggest taking a look at WordPress – one of the biggest blogging platforms in the world, with countless plugins and add-ons and almost infinite ways to design and layout your blog.
After you’ve decided on a platform, decide what your domain name will be. A domain or blog name refers to the location of a website on the internet. It is found in the address bar of the browser. Make sure it’s unique, catchy and relevant to your business or brand, so your customers and target audience can find you.
Step 3: Choose a web hosting service and set up your platform
Web hosting is the storage space where you will store your website files, such as text content, images, and other website and media files, for others to access.
Setting up your web hosting can be a complicated and time-consuming process, however, that’s why we’re here to help. Get in touch with AS Digital and we’ll set you up with your new website, including design, build and install any plugins.
Step 4: Write Your First Blog Post Article
- First, pick a subject relevant to your brand or business and research it.
- Choose a title for your blog.
- Customize the URL, if needed.
- Write your article and add images and videos where possible.
- Check everything in the preview mode.
- Hit publish.